Your college expenses might be adding up, but did you know that there are MILLIONS of dollars out there for the taking? Some of these scholarships are downright wacky. Here are seven of our favorites:
- Zombie Apocalypse Survival –Summon your inner Rick or Michonne and jot down your ideas for how to stay alive during a walker-type situation. This essay contest could get you a very lively sum of $2,000.
- The Underwater Scholarship – Whether your dreams include Marine Biology, Photography or maybe even Basket Weaving, this scholarship gives you the opportunity to study undersea alongside area experts.
- No Meat, No Problem – If you are a proud Vegan or Vegetarian and you do not mind spreading the word in your school, you may be interested to know that you could be awarded up to $10,000 for a meatless crusade.
- Make a Sticky Prom Get-Up – Get out the Duct Tape and let the creative juices flow! The best sticky prom couple wins $10,000 each for a college education.
- View from the Top – If you are tall, meaning a girl that’s at least 5’10” or a guy that’s at least 6’2”, you could be eligible for a steep reward.
- Money for Candy Makers – The Willy Wonkas of the world are looking for a few new Charlies! If you are interested in inventing the next Butterfinger, this is the Scholarship for you.
- Si Robertson’s Favorite – If you are the ultimate Duck Dynasty fan looking for a way to use your newly acquired duck-call skills… or you are a legitimate duck hunter, check out this scholarship contest in Arkansas.
If you aren’t into Zombies, Vegetables or Candy, you may want to start by reviewing the Pensacola State College’s Scholarship Resource page. November 1, 2014 is the deadline for the Financial Aid Office Scholarship application, turn yours in today!