Total Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Dish’s Selling Points
- Healthy and Inexpensive
- Quick & Perfect to make for a grab-n-go lifestyle
- 1 can (5 oz) water packed tuna, drained
- ½ stalk celery, roughly minced (for crunch)
- 1 finely chopped scallion – green part only (optional)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or more to taste (may replace this with “rice vinegar,” found at any grocery store)
- Olive oil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper (optional – just for a kick)
- In a mixing bowl, pour in the tuna and use a fork to break the tuna chunks
- Add celery and lemon juice to the bowl. Stir all the ingredients together till well mixed. If chopped scallion is used, add it too.
- Add olive oil to the mixture to moisten it up (to your liking – about 1 and 2 tbsp). Season with salt and pepper (and cayenne pepper, if used) to taste.
- Serve alone or with lettuce or bread/crackers of your choice! And enjoy!!!
Submitted By Worawan White (Adapted from Tori’s Kitchen at http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2012/10/healthy-mediterranean-tuna-salad/)