Ricky Alexander, Leah Galassi, Julia Prairie, and Dante Roberts.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Prep time: approximately 15 minutes
Total time: prep 15 mins + Cook time – approximately 55 minutes
- 2 boneless chicken breast, diced and cooked
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounce) of tomato soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (14 ounce) can of whole corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) black beans, drained and washed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the chicken broth, green chiles, tomatoes with green chilies, corn, black beans, onion, and garlic in a soup pot. Add the diced chicken. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, cayenne and cumin. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes longe
- Cut the tortillas into 1/2 x 2 inch strips. Fry in hot olive oil in skillet until golden brown drain on paper towels.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and the tortilla strips.
Please follow and like us: