- 2 packages Spanish Rice Side Dish I use the Winn Dixie Brand)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- ½ tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 pinch ground cumin, or more to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 Burrito Size flour tortillas, warmed
- Prepare rice side dish as directed on package, you can substitute chicken broth for water in preparing it for added flavor.
- While the Spanish Rice cooks, mix black beans, spinach, barbeque sauce, garlic, cumin, and cayenne pepper together in a saucepan over medium heat; add Cheddar cheese. Cook the bean mixture, stirring occasionally, until the cheese is completely melted, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir cooked Spanish Rice into the bean mixture; spoon filling in a line across the middle of a tortilla. Fold opposing edges of the tortilla to overlap the filling. Roll 1 of the opposing edges around the filling like a burrito.
You also can add some cooked, diced chicken, or even some cooked ground beef to this recipe.
Submitted By David Courington ITS Department
Please follow and like us: