- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 16 (10 inch) flour or whole wheat tortillas
- 1 pound (4 cups) shredded pepperjack or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup fresh chopped Cilantro (optional)
- Combine rice and water and in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, and cool.
- Place black beans and pinto beans into a colander or strainer, and rinse. Add corn and diced tomatoes with green chilies, and toss to mix. Transfer to a large bowl, and mix in rice and cheese.
- Place 1 cup of the mixture onto each of the tortillas, and roll up. Wrap individually in plastic wrap, place into a large freezer bag, and freeze. Reheat as needed in the microwave for lunch or snacks.
You can add shredded chicken to this recipe as well and it makes it even more delicious.
Submitted By David Courington ITS Department
Please follow and like us: