SERVINGS: 6 Servings
- 1 package Chicken Breasts, Cut Into Strips (or you can cut into Nuggets)
- 1-1/2 cups Buttermilk plus ¼ cup for breading
- 1 Tbsp. Hot Sauce
- 1-1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. (up to 3 tsp) Seasoned Salt (or Spices Of Your Choosing)
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
- Rinse and dry chicken pieces. Next, add buttermilk and hot sauce to a bowl submerge the chicken pieces in buttermilk for 15 to 20 minutes or longer (up to 4 hours).
- In a separate bowl combine about 1 ½ cups flour and 2 to 3 teaspoons of Seasoned Salt (or any seasonings you prefer). Mix this together well. Next, add about ¼ cup of buttermilk into the flour mixture and stir lightly with a fork as you add it. This creates the extra crumbles of breading on the chicken pieces.
- Heat about 1 inch of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low to medium heat.
- Remove a few of the buttermilk-soaked strips and place in the flour mixture, turning them over to coat them thoroughly. Place them on a plate. Continue coating chicken strips until they are all ready to cook. Allowing the chicken to rest on the plate after breading it for about 10-15 minutes before frying it will result in the breading sticking to it better.
- Heat oil in a skillet or saucepan over medium high heat. DO not allow the oil to smoke.
- Fry 3-4 strips at a time cooking 3-5 minutes per side, until golden brown and fully cooked through. Remove to a paper towel lined plate or a cake cooling rack to drain
Submitted By David Courington ITS Department
Recipe adapted from Ree Drummond http://www.pioneerwoman.com
Please follow and like us: