- 1-pkg. Hawaiian rolls (whichever flavor you prefer)
- 1-8oz container of soft cream cheese (store brand is fine)
- 2 – Roma tomatoes
- 1 – Cucumber
- 1 – Sweet or Red Onion
- ½ LB. thinly sliced ham (roast beef or turkey will do just as well)
- Remove the tray of rolls from the bag and unhook the tray flaps to flatten the tray.
- Leaving them connected slice the Hawaiian rolls through the middle so that it looks like one large sliced roll.
- Spread cream cheese on the top and bottom (as thin or thick as you like). This will assure that the ingredients stay on the sandwich. Also, the cream cheese acts as the cheese and the spread for the sandwich, making it moist.
- To each bottom roll area add a slice of tomato, cucumber (peeled if you want), thinly sliced onion and take and fold ½ a piece of ham in half so it fits on one of the rolls.
- Repeat until all of the rolls are covered and then put the top back on. Put the intact rolls back on the try and re-insert the flaps and put the entire thing back in the bag.
- You may take and remove the sliders as you need.
- Different ingredients can be added or removed to your liking. (I like to add a little horseradish sauce to the cream cheese to give it a little bite).
Submitted by: Patrice M. Friant, Coordinator of Student Services, South Santa Rosa Center Pensacola State College
Please follow and like us: