|· 12 fresh eggs
· 1/2 cup milk
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon pepper
· 1 teaspoon mixed herbs of choice
|· 2 tablespoons butter
· 12 brown and serve breakfast sausages
· 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
· 12 burrito sized tortillas
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium low heat.
- Slice sausages and add to skillet to brown. Stir to brown on all sides. This should take 5 minutes.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl. Add milk and whisk together. Add salt, pepper and desired seasonings, and whisk well to combine.
- Pour eggs into skillet with sausages.
- Stirring gently, cook until eggs are at desired doneness. You will want these eggs to be fully cooked and not watery.
To assemble burritos
- Warm a tortilla in a dry skillet.
- Place 1/2 cup of egg/sausage mixture on the tortilla off center, closer to you.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons or so of shredded cheddar.
- Roll by gently folding in the sides, then folding over the side closest to you over the top of the eggs. From this point, gently roll folding in any excess tortilla and roll up completely placing the seam side down.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- When you have assembled all the burritos, place the baking sheet, uncovered in your freezer for at least 2 hours or until the burritos are totally frozen.
- Remove from freezer and wrap each burrito with a small piece of parchment paper, no wider than the burrito. Then place each one into a plastic sandwich bag.
- To prepare, place the parchment wrapped burrito in the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute to 1 minute and 30 seconds depending on the strength of your oven.
This recipe can be adapted to suit your taste. You can add any vegetables such as onion, pepper, etc. prior to adding the eggs to the skillet, making sure to cook them fully.
Submitted By David Courington, ITS Department