Makes 12 muffins
Filling, cheap and easy to make! I like to freeze my overripe bananas in a plastic container and thaw them when I am ready to make these muffins. You can bake them on the weekend and tote them for a quick-grab breakfast during the week.
- 3 large extra ripe (or thawed) bananas
- ½ cup of sugar, honey or sugar substitute
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup of applesauce (You can just use a prepackaged lunch box cup if you want.)
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of flour (or ½ white and ½ wheat flour)
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas and mix in sugar or substitute until blended.
- Add egg and applesauce and stir lightly.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips to the bowl on top of the sugar-banana mixture, stir the dry ingredients a bit to mix and then incorporate into the wet ingredients. (You can do this in a separate bowl, but that means more dishes!) Stir in chocolate chips.
- Grease or place paper liners in medium-sized muffin tin. Spoon batter into tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Shared by Grace Wyatt